Do you have what it takes to be a camp counsellor? Below is a list of qualifications. If you think you are a good fit for our camp please fill out the contact form below.
Interviews are conducted in February and March. Training will primarily be conducted in May with a smaller training session in June. Staff are expected to be prepared to work from July 2nd until August 31st. The work week for counsellors is Monday – Friday. Head staff may be required to come in on a Sunday for CIT and volunteer training. All staff are expected to arrive at the zoo location for 8:00 am and should be prepared to stay until 5:30 pm.
Camp Counsellor (3 open – 2 male, 1 female):
- 16+ within the calendar year
- Criminal Record Check*
- Up to date First Aid CPR certification
- Experience working with children is a must
- Experience with animals is an asset
- Character traits: Responsible, hardworking, motivated, trustworthy, and outgoing
*From within the last (1) year for new staff and within the last three (3) years for returning staff